Friend of the Show, Ben Davol, just wrote a brilliant commentary for the New London Day. Check it out here. Just goes to show you that the smartest political minds are outside of Washington and New York. Ben is, what they call in the business, a “seasoned” campaign veteran, working with the likes of John McCain. What I really admire about Ben is his independence — he works for people who are leaders, who have bold ideas and the courage of their convictions (McCain in 2000, Democrats at times as well). I write this so that you understand my bias — I’m inclined to like what Ben writes, because I see him as a man of wisdom and character — something lacking in politics today. But read it for yourself. My Progressive friends, who knock me for talking with and exchanging views and ideas with so-called conservatives or Independents, should take note from Ben’s article. We face enormous problems in this country — they aren’t Progressive, Liberal, Conservative or Independent. Some in politics take the think tank approach — and it’s good to have a great intellectual discussion about ideas, but at some point we need a leader who can help us deal with these problems and bring people together to get it done. As a Progressive, I was not happy with the way President Obama led us through health care reform, or Wall St. reform…or the BP oil spill. I sometimes feel like I’m watching a Mensa meeting, when what I want is to see someone like NJ Gov Chris Christie sweating it out and going door to door, even if I don’t agree with everything he might be doing (in this case I do). — Jeff Kimball
Please Help Keep PoliTalk Coming to You! Donate Now…
Subscribe to our Podcast
Join & Follow Us
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Search our blog
Like our show? Tell your friends on Facebook!
Get your own PoliTalk T-shirt and more!Lots of designs, sayings and cool stuff. Visit the PoliTalk store today!
Thanks For Stopping ByRemember to add this blog to your bookmarks or any of the bookmarking services listed as you scroll down the page. Also, listen to our weekly podcast on iTunes or use the links below.
Call 1 (800) 834-9711 to leave a comment for the show!
- #politics #Politico Huckabee stands by Duggar family: 'Good people make mistakes': "Good people make mistakes ... politi.co/1Hz5jvy 49 minutes ago
- #politics #Politico Hillary Clinton's dark whisperer is back: Sidney Blumenthal has been here all along. In fa... politi.co/1Hz5jvx 49 minutes ago
- #politics #Politico Sen. Lee: Chris Christie's comments on PATRIOT Act are 'political pornography': Lee says C... politi.co/1Hz5mr8 49 minutes ago
- #politics #Politico Social liberals equal conservatives for first time in Gallup poll: 31 percent said they we... politi.co/1R9EGBT 5 hours ago
- #politics #Politico Same-sex couples can marry in Alabama, judge rules - but not yet: The two orders from the ... politi.co/1FCOKPI 5 hours ago
Pick a tag, any tag#IranElection afghanistan AIG Arlen Specter Bailout Bailout legislation Bailout Package banking crisis Barack Obama Barney Frank biden Bill O'Reilly BP Budget budget deficit Bush Cheney Christine O'Donnell CNN Colin Powell Comedy Congress Conservative David Letterman Debate Debt deficit Dodd economy Economy Crisis Elections Financial Crisis FOX News Government Bailout Governor Blagojevich Harry Reid Healthcare health care reform Iran Iraq John McCain Katie Couric Liberal McCain msnbc Nancy Pelosi National Debt Obama Pakistan palin Podcast Politalk Political Ads Politics President Presidential Debate Presidential Election President Obama Republicans Romney Rush Limbaugh Sarah Palin Scott Brown Senate Senate Debate Stimulus Supreme Court Taxes tea party Technology Twitter Unemployment US Auto Bailout Video Video Links