With our economy in shambles, unemployment growing, AIG taking more in bonuses than already announced, automakers going bankrupt, troops going into Afghanistan, so much debate about torture in the last administration, there seems to be little focus in Congress on a true national security crisis: the growing relationship between the Taliban and the government of Pakistan. An odd relationship, one where I imagine each side wants to be rid of the other, but where each is equally co-dependently dysfunctionally relient on the other, like a cancer to its host. To learn more, just read this excellent article in this week’s Newsweek by Fareed Zakaria, which can be found here: http://www.newsweek.com/id/173014. Until we can understand the problem, we’re just helping the cancer spread, and ironically, it may affect us. Congress needs to immediately stop all military assistance to Pakistan, and then pass the Biden-Lugar bill. — Jeff
Subscribe to our Podcast
Join & Follow Us
Search our blog
Like our show? Tell your friends on Facebook!
Thanks For Stopping ByRemember to add this blog to your bookmarks or any of the bookmarking services listed as you scroll down the page. Also, listen to our weekly podcast on iTunes or use the links below.
Call 1 (800) 834-9711 to leave a comment for the show!
- #politics #Politico Why Snowden wants Obama to pardon him: politi.co/2ctY9Bp 9 months ago
- #politics #Politico What you might have missed in politics this week: politi.co/2bJifKf 9 months ago
- #politics #Politico Obama tries to push aside politics in Louisiana disaster: The president insists his trip ... politi.co/2c43scu 10 months ago
- #politics #Politico New emails show Clinton aide setting up meeting with major foundation donor: politi.co/2bxCV4r 10 months ago
- #politics #Politico Corey Lewandowski signs with speakers bureau: The ousted Trump campaign manager is promis... politi.co/2aZIXLw 10 months ago
Pick a tag, any tag#IranElection afghanistan AIG Arlen Specter Bailout Bailout legislation Bailout Package banking crisis Barack Obama Barney Frank biden Bill O'Reilly BP Budget budget deficit Bush Cheney Christine O'Donnell CNN Colin Powell Comedy Congress Conservative David Letterman Debate Debt deficit Dodd economy Economy Crisis Elections Financial Crisis FOX News Government Bailout Governor Blagojevich Harry Reid Healthcare health care reform Iran Iraq John McCain Katie Couric Liberal McCain msnbc Nancy Pelosi National Debt Obama Pakistan palin Podcast Politalk Political Ads Politics President Presidential Debate Presidential Election President Obama Republicans Romney Rush Limbaugh Sarah Palin Scott Brown Senate Senate Debate Stimulus Supreme Court Taxes tea party Technology Twitter Unemployment US Auto Bailout Video Video Links